SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

UPDATE: #2 obf tiz party time...let us celebrate this wom

canyonwind
9 years ago

Let's continue Shirley's party over here..........

I carried all of THE Preakness stuff over from the other thread......five horses have been chosen thus far.

GAME TIME....girls were off to watch the ponies again!

THE PREAKNESS 2014

RULES:

At presant, there are 10 horses running. Rules are pretty much the same as The Kentucky Derby. This time SHIRLEY does not get to pick two horses...sorry!

*To Shirley and each of her party guests (if you want to play), pick one horse and put your name next to it. DO NOT PICK a horse that someone has already chosen.

*If you choose a horse and it is scratched, meaning for whatever reason it does not run in the race...to bad....LOL!

*If you decide to play, please post your pick by 3PM Eastern/12 Noon Pacific on Saturday, May 17. If there are any horses left, I will put horse name(s) in a dog bowl...and in another dog bowl put all of the party guests that are playing.......and possibly you will get another horse.

******If per chance, you come late to the game and all the horses are spoken for, I will have another game....YOU WILL PICK WHO COMES IN LAST PLACE. I don't like excluding people from playing games and since there are only 10 horses and 17 possible OBF players....well, you can do the math....LOL!

I will then post it for all to see.

Prizes...
WIN....1st
PLACE...2nd
SHOW...3rd

And a prize for LAST PLACE if we go down that road!

And if you will, as you each pick your horse, copy and paste the entire group of horses with names next to it, so everyone will know who has already been picked. Hope that makes sense!

POST time..6:20PM Eastern on NBC
I have removed ODDS, Jockey info. So take a guess on who will win THE PREAKNESS .

THE PREAKNESS 2014
POST HORSE

1 Dynamic Impact - Laura
2 General a Rod
3 California Chrome- Melinda
4 Ring Weekend
5 Bayern - Jayeanne
6 Ria Antonia
7 Kid Cruz
8 Social Inclusion - SHERI
9 Pablo Del Monte - Promise
10 Ride On Curlin

GOOD LUCK!!

I will carry over BINGO, Partners later today or tomorrow.

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Fri, May 16, 14 at 17:20

Comments (148)

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hello ladies...I'm back home, need to work outside tomorrow so made our visit short. Well I went to the Hendersonville plant sale and what a sale it was. I told DH when we got there we would check out the vendors and etc and eat lunch afterwards. Should have eaten first, I'm thinking their town was probably the size of ours and it would have 30 vendors or so. Not so, the stores on main street were 6 blocks long. We were so tired and only saw half of it...probably 3 blocks of it. My blood sugar level was dropping and I said I need to go and eat lunch. A lot of people had brought wagons and pulled their plants around in it. Another mistake we made for we were trying to carry all the plants in our arms. I bought 7 Japanese Irises, 2 Variegated Caryopteris, 1 Variegated Weigela, 2 Sedums, variegated ajuga and 1 easter egg plant (solanum melongena). Can you tell I love variegated plants.

Annie-You must come and go with me next May....plan on it. I'm definitely going again next year...much smarter I hope.

Promise, Jeanne and Suzanne - Good job on your arrangements. It sure is going to be hard to choose a winner in this category. I may have to have DD come to the rescue and pick the winner.

Margo-Great deal on the plants you found, you can't go wrong paying $1.25 for sure.

Beth-Michael sure is a cutie....I love that age. They never run out of energy.

Laura-I've never seen an adult tricyle...sounds like such fun.

Night Ladies

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Annie-I forgot to post my Birthday Card and gift from you. Wow you gave me $20.00 to buy my favorite Brug. How much fun it will be to pick one out. Thank you so very much Annie.

Annie wrote in my card: Wishing you the most wonderful Birthday even if it is 'make believe'. Make believe lets us all be young again.

Shirley

• Related Discussions

update: obf - april worship the green goddess

Q

Comments (150)
    Remy's package to me arrived today. What a big box and so full of all kinds of goodies! I tried to make a list so hopefully I have everything written down. Remy sent me Trachystemon orientalis, two daylilies (I looked up Ball Gown on the internet and I think it is Remy's picture of it shown in the example!), Helenium, an iris, a pulmonaria, Succisa pratensis, and Leontine Gervais Rose. That looks like such a beauty on Remy's blog. I hope it grows well for me. She also included some homemade applesauce (totally yum!), green tea, stevia, a pop-up vase, landscape gloves, and a tissue pack with flowers printed on them. Thanks so much, Remy. You really spoiled me! Jeanne
    ...See More

NEW: new obf tiz party time...let us celebrate this woman

Q

Comments (148)
    GAME TIME....girls were off to watch the ponies again! THE PREAKNESS 2014 RULES: At presant, there are 10 horses running. Rules are pretty much the same as The Kentucky Derby. This time SHIRLEY does not get to pick two horses...sorry! *To Shirley and each of her party guests (if you want to play), pick one horse and put your name next to it. DO NOT PICK a horse that someone has already chosen. *If you choose a horse and it is scratched, meaning for whatever reason it does not run in the race...to bad....LOL! *If you decide to play, please post your pick by 3PM Eastern/12 Noon Pacific on Saturday, May 17. If there are any horses left, I will put horse name(s) in a dog bowl...and in another dog bowl put all of the party guests that are playing.......and possibly you will get another horse. ******If per chance, you come late to the game and all the horses are spoken for, I will have another game....YOU WILL PICK WHO COMES IN LAST PLACE. I don't like excluding people from playing games and since there are only 10 horses and 17 possible OBF players....well, you can do the math....LOL! I will then post it for all to see. Prizes... WIN....1st PLACE...2nd SHOW...3rd And a prize for LAST PLACE if we go down that road! And if you will, as you each pick your horse, copy and paste the entire group of horses with names next to it, so everyone will know who has already been picked. Hope that makes sense! POST time..6:20PM Eastern on NBC I have removed ODDS, Jockey info. So take a guess on who will win THE PREAKNESS . Post Horse 1 Dynamic Impact 2 General a Rod 3 California Chrome 4 Ring Weekend 5 Bayern 6 Ria Antonia 7 Kid Cruz 8 Social Inclusion 9 Pablo Del Monte 10 Ride On Curlin GOOD LUCK!! Annie
    ...See More

update: obf update #3 tiz party time...let us celebrate this wo

Q

Comments (28)
    Jeanne-I really enjoyed the party, the month of May just flew by. I will definitely remember this for the rest of my life, my great grand kids will hear this story I'm sure. Promise-Happy Birthday if I forget closer to the actual date. Our group is much richer for you having joined the group. So many winners in this swap month, congratulations to all. And Annie you made it all possible, thank you again. I have the month of June so will work on it tomorrow and post it when I get home from work. Shirley
    ...See More

OBF SWAP OCTOBER "YOUR CREATIVE COOKBOOK" #2

Q

Comments (233)
    My adorable and inspiring Great Pumpkin Cookbook from Ruth Arrived yesterday with the mail forwarded from AZ. It's a winner even if it took the scenic route and arrived after the contest ended.. I love Pumpkin in almost any fashion (NO Pumpkin Spice Lattes for me) and have a good supply of nice winter squash. Look forward to trying several of these recipes.Tammy also sent laminated cards with substitutions and measures. Very useful and handy thanks Tammy. Again sorry about all the confusion over addresses and deliveries but All's well that ends well. I am redoing and expanding your book a bit should get it done and mailed by the end of the week
    ...See More
  • smitties
    9 years ago

So many pretty bouquets. Nothing is blooming here but iris's. Not complaining because they are beautiful and the weather is perfect and I just have to be patient.

I noticed I am not getting any emails from follow up posts here anymore so I unchecked the notices then rechecked to see what will happen.

Happy Memorial day everyone! I worked too hard in the gardens yesterday so might stay in and do something else today.

Margo

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Happy Memorial Day all! Today I remember our veterans who fought and died for the country I love. In remembrance of my Mom. It's been 2 years, but the wound of her loss is deep. I wish I could tend her grave up in Michigan. I hate cancer, she was 54 and my best friend.

Also, GW isn't sending me mail either. Maybe they got glitchy for the holiday.

Have a great Memorial Day, ladies!

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

Happy Memorial Day everyone!
    Such wonderful weekends everyone is having! Is anyone doing anything special today for the holiday? We're going to a friend's house for a cookout. I love when days off work coincide with wonderful weather and fun plans! I'll try to post a picture of the trike when I can.

Promise, where in Michigan is your mother's grave? I live just outside Flint and would be happy to help if I can. I'm sorry to hear you lost her so early.

Annie, tell your pups just three more words for Bingo.

~ Laura

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shirley, what a great time in Hendersonville! What a big event!! The wagon(s) make so much sense....

Promise, BLESS your Mom...............

Laura, enjoy the cookout today with your friends.....

Margo, I am going to follow your lead on the GW notification.....maybe that will work. Enjoy the "inside" today.

And God Bless our women and men, who have lost their lives to protect us and our wonderful country......forever heros.
    CONTEST.....
    PICTURE PERFECT FOR MISS SHIRLEY

ENTRIES thus far....
    * Sharon
    *Jayeanne
    *Ruth
    *Susan...skyblue
    *Melinda
    *Promise
    *Jeanne
    *Suzanne

Suzanne, a very Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!!! 93 years young.....and her longevity secret is??????????

BINGO TIME..........

SHIRLEY, IT IS MAY BIRTHDAY BINGO....

Baby J fetched x 5 today. I told her she had to put three of them back.....Hope these help. Someone might just have the big "B" today....GOOD LUCK!

26.Water A Flower Day (5-30)
    21. Snowbank Brugmansia

Previously fetched........

14. Camping
    17. Flora, The Goddess of Flowers
    7. Grandson Dawson
    30. Blowin out the candles and making a wish
    45. Family
    40.Escargot Day (5-24)
    47. December 24
    11. Hostas
    34. Bothers and Sisters Day (5-2)
    37. Sedum
    49. Birthday Party
    29. Mam Maw
    32. Eddie, the Man in her life
    5. Nutty Fudge Day (5-12)
    31. Lucky Penney Day (5-23)
    46. Fruit Scents
    4. No Cook Fondant
    20. Eat What You Want Day (5-11)
    39. Jealous
    16. Blueberry Cheesecake Day (5-26)
    18. May Queen
    50. A Shirley quote, "I guess this birthday will be my 29th and holding"
    10. Granddaughter Brittney
    2. Daylilies
    12. Mums Day….Mothers Day
    41. Church
    27. Hens N Chicks
    35. Crocheting
    24. Shirley’s children Shelia and Steve
    38. Cake and Ice Cream
    13. Precious Moments Figurines
    28. Elvis Presley sings "Happy Birthday Baby"
    23. No Dirty Dishes Day (5-18)
    19. Oriental Lilies
    48. Date Your Mate Month
    3. Iris
    44.Franklin Garden Club
    22.Spacecoast

Off to the garden to frolic. Whatever is on your agenda today, enjoy and be safe........

"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle"
    George William Curtis

Happy day...............

Annie

• smitties
    9 years ago

Promise, I am curious too as to where your Mothers grave is. I am a former Michigander and have several relatives buried in different areas of the state. You never know. It can be a small world. Let us know and maybe we can indeed help out. Margo

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day. I guess it is back to work tomorrow.

Promise-Hope someone is close and can help out with your Mother's grave. You just never know someone may know right where it is. Thinking of you at this time, our loved ones may be gone on but we never forget them.

Shirley

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Annie, I sent you some cucumber seeds, Love all the flower bouquets! I am still not getting posts to come through. Not sure what is going on.

Enjoy the day ladies, I had 6 yards of mulch delivered last week...today is suppose to be pretty nice outside with a chance of t storms...off to work on the mulch.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jayeanne, thanks much for the cucumber seeds!!! I will be set to go with picklers. Thanks again, MaryEllen, Sheri and Jayeanne!!

Sheri, we will wait a bit and see if the USPS decides to deliver your envelope.......So it is common for you to wait, 8 or 9 or 10 days for mail (not priority)????

Updates...............

CONTEST.....

You have until tomorrow, Wednesday, May 28 11:59 PACIFIC time to post your PICTURE PERFECT FOR MISS SHIRLEY. Shirley, you can email me, at your convenience, your winning selection. Good Luck to all!

Beth, Margo, Laura, Sheri, Carol, MaryEllen, Nikki, Sue G........the clock is ticking...LOL! Remember, weeds are cool!

ENTRIES thus far....
    * Sharon
    *Jayeanne
    *Ruth
    *Susan...skyblue
    *Melinda
    *Promise
    *Jeanne
    *Suzanne

I don't think I missed anyone......

BIRTHDAY WISHES TO OUR SPECIAL GIRL SHIRLEY

*Nikki (cinnie0) SHIRLEY RECEIVED!!!!!!
    *Margo (smitties) SHIRLEY RECEIVED!!!!!!
    *Ruth (ruthz) SHIRLEY RECEIVED!!!!!
    *Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) SHIRLEY RECEIVED !!!!!
    *Beth (Beth_b_kodiak) SHIRLEY RECEIVED !!!!!
    *MaryEllen (mellen)
    *Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap) SHIRLEY RECEIVED!!!!!
    *Melinda (ilovefarac) SHIRLEY RECEIVED!!!!!
    *Sharon (toomanyanimals) SHIRLEY RECEIVED!!!!!
    *Jayeanne (pinkiris) SHIRLEY RECEIVED !!!!!
    *Carol (Veeja11) SHIRLEY RECEIVED !!!!!
    *Sue G (Sguanzon)
    *Susan (skyblue52) SHIRLEY RECEIVED !!!!!
    *Laura (lilangel181) SHIRLEY RECEIVED !!!!!
    *Suzanne (hibiscusfan) SHIRLEY RECEIVED!!!!!
    *Promise (pmb2005) SHIRLEY RECEIVED !!!!!
    *Annie (canyonwind) SHIRLEY RECEIVED !!!!!

PARTNERS UPDATE...

*Sheri(panhandle_seed...) sends to Carol(veeja11) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Carol(veeja11) sends to Nikki(cinnie0) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Nikki(cinnie0) sends to Beth(Beth_b_Kodiak) SENT/RECEIVED
    *Beth(Beth_b_Kodiak) sends to Laura(lilangel181)
    *Laura(lilangel181) sends to Melinda(ilovefarac) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Melinda(ilovefarac) sends to Jayeanne(pinkiris) SENT /RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Jayeanne(pinkiris) sends to Promise(pmb2005) SENT /RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Promise(pmb2005) sends to Ruth(ruthz) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Ruth(ruthz) sends to Suzanne (hibiscusfan) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Suzanne (hibiscusfan) sends to Sharon (toomanyanimals) SENT
    *Sharon (toomanyanimals) sends to MaryEllen(mellen) SENT /RECEIVED XXXXX
    *MaryEllen(mellen) sends to Jeanne(sandlapper...)
    *Jeanne(sandlapper...) sends to Sue (sguanzon)SENT/RECEIVED XXXXXXX
    *Sue G(sguanzon) sends to Susan(skyblue52)
    *Susan(skyblue52) sends to Margo(smitties) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Margo(smitties) sends to Annie(canyonwind) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Annie(canyonwind) sends to Sheri(Panhandle_seed...) SENT
    *Annie(canyonwind) sends to The Birthday Girl aka Shirley(brittneysgran) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX

Let me know if I missed anyone!

BINGO TIME..........

The German and Baby J each did a fetch this morning. They have a bet with each other as to which one of them will fetch the winning Bingo. Possibly, they will both be winners......anybody??????? Eight pieces of paper left in the dog bowl after todays fetches!!! Good Luck!!

36. A Shirley quote, "I love the month of May".
    8. Blue Ridge Mountains

21. Snowbank Brugmansia
    14. Camping
    7. Grandson Dawson
    45. Family
    40.Escargot Day (5-24)
    47. December 24
    11. Hostas
    37. Sedum
    49. Birthday Party
    29. Mam Maw
    46. Fruit Scents
    4. No Cook Fondant
    39. Jealous
    18. May Queen
    2. Daylilies
    41. Church
    27. Hens N Chicks
    35. Crocheting
    38. Cake and Ice Cream
    19. Oriental Lilies
    48. Date Your Mate Month
    3. Iris
    44.Franklin Garden Club
    22.Spacecoast

Referring to women......................

"We turn not older with years, but newer every day." ~ Emily Dickinson

Happy Tuesday.....

Annie

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Thank you ladies, you are so kind! There is someone keeping Mom's grave, I just wish I could be there to do it and add my touch. My Aunt, Grandmother, Grandfather are buried there too. I would just like to go put flowers on their graves and pay my respects.

My family is from just outside of Kalamazoo, it is no where near Flint. It's really closer to Chicago than Detroit. Almost in the middle of the two. It is where I grew up. I sure miss the lakes and being able to walk barefoot in the grass. At least here in Tennessee, my Husband has a job where he comes home every night! I like the winters better in Tennessee and I LOVE me some Southern hospitality!

It means so much to me that you ladies would go out of your way to do that for me though. Thank you!

4 more spaces before I can call out the B word.

I've done lots of weeding and planting lately. I didn't actually go to the Knoxville plant swap, but a girl held some things for me. I received a cutting of Katrina Rose, Snowball viburnum and Burkwood viburnum. I was giving some Rose of Sharon that is just about dead now. Cells of English Daisies, Iris rhizomes, daffy bulbs, and some plants she didn't know what it was! I have kept busy finding them places. My garden is a work in progress and I love it!!!! I also love all these birds songs and the intoxicating smell of honeysuckle. That invasive critter owns my backwoods.

Y'all enjoy this magnificent weather and good luck on your "B" word!!!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We are not good with the camera in this house...LOL!

SUCCULENTS A LA SHIRLEY....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    9 years ago

Beat wishes to all the BINGO players. Sounds like a tight race.
    Trees are down but now all the trimming and cleanup present a challenge. I'm excited about all the prospective mulch that will be available in a couple years.
    Grandaughter and the boys are back home again, sure wish they lived nearer. Meanwhile I'm glad to be so close to my two daughters. It's the first time in many years.
    Laura I was at the PO bright and early to mail your envelope. They predict Friday for delivery but I'm Hopeing for Maybe Thursday.

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

I need to apologize to Suzanne (hibiscusfan). I received her card last Thursday. I thought I would have the weekend to post my reply here, but our neighbor at the cottage didn't have his summer cable turned on yet. He lets us use his internet while we are there. We have an Ipad that we take with us just to keep us tuned into the news and such (gardenweb)... no TV there. We left Thursday night and just got back today .... ahhh, 5 days off work... it has been wonderful.
    Suzanne sent me a very nice card with 2 pack of seeds I've been wanting; Artemisia and Aquilegia 'Blue Star'. Thank you very much Suzanne!!!!

I still need one more word for the Birthday Bingo.

What Beautiful Bouquets everyone has been posting ... I know I would have trouble choosing! So many different ideas and colors. I love the colorful bouquets!!!! But then again, I love it when someone uses a wine glass as part of the picture. LOL

Promise, my sister has lived out on the west side of Michigan since she married a man from there. She lived in Portage for a while and now lives in Vicksburg just south of Kalamazoo. I'm over on that side of the state several times a year. It is so different from South East Michigan.

sharon

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Annie! I received your lovely card with metallic palm tree confetti, $5 cash for coffee, ice cream or candy bar(s) and some Ruby Red Swiss Chard seeds (yum!)... how wonderful! Thank you so much sweet Annie!

Sheri

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Two of the Doberman puppies my Son has for sale.

I want one so bad...but we have two dogs and I can't replace either of them for a Doberman at this point.

Annie-That succulent display is to die for. They sure like where you have them.

Shirley

• beth_b_kodiak
    9 years ago

Looks like I am not getting updates sent anymore. I'll try checking the box again.
    Beautiful Pups Shirley. i do miss having a dog in the home.

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

Morning! Well my semester finally ended so I get a break. Been really busy over here. My daughter is now trying to nest and get ready for the baby. We are in the process of painting the bedroom to get it set up. She is about 27 weeks and getting big. Its getting hot over here in the 90's and will be getting hotter.
    Ive been stuck with just 2 words left in bingo for about 4 or so days. Have a good day!

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    I received your card and seeds yesterday. Thanks so much. The front of the card has a variety of clematis on it - looks like a photo. Are these from your garden? Beautiful!
    Also, Mary Ellen reminded me of a swap I hosted many years ago - and I had forgotten I did that one. Your memory is better than mine!
    As for seeds, I received Cucumber 'Mexican Sour Gherkin' and Forget-Me-Nots. Both very much appreciated. I am going to try to plant them before it gets any hotter.
    Have a good day, everyone!
    Jeanne

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

LOVE the puppies and the succulent bouquet! What a great way to start my day.

Can any one ID this daylily? This bloom is 5" across. A super-kind garden friend of mine gifted me this daylily from her garden. Thank you for your help!

Sheri

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

looks like my jolyene nichole my camera makes mine look more pink but its more that color.

No after scrolling up and down a million times it doesnt look the same.

This post was edited by cinnie0 on Wed, May 28, 14 at 13:04

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shirley, Dobermans are great dogs!! Curious, what is your son selling the pups for?

This problem with people not getting these GW posts.....I have redone the notification thingie a few times and am still not getting them.

OH MY....no one called BINGO!!!!

Remember the first person to call BINGO WINS!!!! But I have something in my shopping bag of goodies for the second and the third person who call the BINGO word too!!!!! Pay close attention...we are getting down to nitty gritty time. BINGO is serious business....LOL! After todays fetches, there are six paper yummies left in the dog bowl!! Maybe, the canines are now done with their daily fetching duties. AAAHHH, time will tell! Good Luck!!

Here we go....Anybody???????

15. Tomatoes
    42. Neil Sedaka sings, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET SIXTEEN”

8. Blue Ridge Mountains
    21. Snowbank Brugmansia
    14. Camping
    7. Grandson Dawson
    45. Family
    40.Escargot Day (5-24)
    47. December 24
    11. Hostas
    37. Sedum
    49. Birthday Party
    29. Mam Maw
    46. Fruit Scents
    4. No Cook Fondant
    39. Jealous
    18. May Queen
    2. Daylilies
    41. Church
    27. Hens N Chicks
    35. Crocheting
    38. Cake and Ice Cream
    19. Oriental Lilies
    48. Date Your Mate Month
    3. Iris
    44.Franklin Garden Club
    22.Spacecoast

Updates...............

CONTEST.....

You have until tonight, 11:59 PACIFIC time, to post your PICTURE PERFECT FOR MISS SHIRLEY....Good Luck to all!

Beth, Margo, Laura, Sheri, Carol, MaryEllen, Nikki, Sue G........the clock is still ticking...LOL!

ENTRIES thus far....
    * Sharon
    *Jayeanne
    *Ruth
    *Susan...skyblue
    *Melinda
    *Promise
    *Jeanne
    *Suzanne

I don't think I missed anyone......

*MaryEllen (mellen)
    *Sue G (Sguanzon)

PARTNERS UPDATE...

*Beth(Beth_b_Kodiak) sends to Laura(lilangel181) SENT
    *Suzanne (hibiscusfan) sends to Sharon (toomanyanimals) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Sharon (toomanyanimals) sends to MaryEllen(mellen) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *MaryEllen(mellen) sends to Jeanne(sandlapper) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Annie(canyonwind) sends to Sheri(Panhandle_seed...) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Annie(canyonwind) sends to The Birthday Girl aka Shirley(brittneysgran) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX

Sue G, have not heard from you in a while. Check in when you get a chance. Hope all is OK!

Later.....

Annie

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

Annie, tell your pups I only have 1 word to go and I'm counting on them! Also, I'll try to see what I have going for a bouquet :)

• ruthz
    9 years ago

Sheri, I don't think it can be definitely identified, but it looks like my Alabama Jubilee.
    Or maybe MAUNA LOA (I don't have this one)
    Whatever it is, it's beautiful.

Annie, I received a beautiful Bobby Flay oven mitt today.
    I love it. Thank you so much.

This post was edited by ruthz on Wed, May 28, 14 at 19:33

• ruthz
    9 years ago

Another picture of Alabama Jubilee.

• beth_b_kodiak
    9 years ago

Still no getting updates. Anyone have the cure?

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

The cure? More cowbell :)

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

So things came up last night, but in a case of Better Late Than Never here is a bouquet just for you, Miss Shirley! It's made of rhubarb, my neighbor's tree that hangs into our yard, and the very first irises of spring. Enjoy and happy birthday!

SHIRLEY'S BIRTHDAY BOUQUET

• beth_b_kodiak
    9 years ago

Very pretty Laura. Do you know what the tree is?
    Hopefully omorrow your mail will arrive

• beth_b_kodiak
    9 years ago

An assortment of Watchamacallits in an old pitcher. The wind kept tossing things around but this about the sum of what's blooming now.

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Loving all the bouquets! I'm glad I don't have to choose!
    A Big Thank You to Annie for the prize of the Bobby Flay oven mitt! I needed a new one and love this one!
    Being raining on and off for days here! Getting behind in yard work, pours everytime want to do anything!
    My leg is still bad but able to get around on it. Whole thing has turned purple and red and green to middle of my foot, itches and still has lots of pain! Wearing an ace wrap and that helps some!
    Have a great day and evening all! Melinda

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sue G, sent you an email!!!

BINGO TIME...

Are you guys pulling a joke on me? No BINGO!!!! Let us give it another go.....

Remember the first person to call BINGO WINS!!!! But I have something in my shopping bag of goodies for the second and the third person who call the BINGO
    word too!!!!! ....

These were fetched earlier this morning...four more little yummies left in the big dog bowl.....

43. A Shirley Quote, 'I love big eyes and ruffles, doubles and spiders'
    6. Devils Food Cake Day (5-19)

15. Tomatoes
    8. Blue Ridge Mountains
    21. Snowbank Brugmansia
    14. Camping
    7. Grandson Dawson
    45. Family
    40.Escargot Day (5-24)
    47. December 24
    11. Hostas
    37. Sedum
    49. Birthday Party
    29. Mam Maw
    46. Fruit Scents
    4. No Cook Fondant
    39. Jealous
    18. May Queen
    2. Daylilies
    41. Church
    27. Hens N Chicks
    35. Crocheting
    38. Cake and Ice Cream
    19. Oriental Lilies
    48. Date Your Mate Month
    3. Iris
    44.Franklin Garden Club
    22.Spacecoast

Updates...............

CONTEST.....

Beth and Laura, better late than never!! OK Birthday Girl Shirley, it is all up to you ....when you have made your selection, email me!! Tough call!!

ENTRIES ....
    * Sharon
    *Jayeanne
    *Ruth
    *Susan...skyblue
    *Melinda
    *Promise
    *Jeanne
    *Suzanne
    *Beth
    *Laura

Good Luck!!

In a hurry...Tata

Annie

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Ruth, that might be it! I've narrowed it down to Alabama Jubilee or South Seas (because of the pink stripes down the center of each petal).

One more word to go, for me, Annie! Last month's Pirate's Treasure BINGO game was really close, too.

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

I too have only needed one word for awhile! I wish everyone good luck!

• smitties
    9 years ago

I just didn't get a chance to do a bouquet and I apologize. Still really not much color out there and I don't think I could complete with all the lovely bouquets posted.

Still need two words for Bingo. It is weird that no one has had a Bingo yet.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather like we are here in Ohio. Couldn't ask for better and it is going to last a few more days.

Margo

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

I need two words as well...looks like we all need the same ones.

Wow all those beautiful arrangements....I will corral Ms. Sheila and give her the job of choosing. Will let you know soon Annie.

Annie-Steve asked $450.00 for the Dobermans. He only has one left now, there were 8 in all. Brittney (GD) took the only girl in the litter. She ordered the cutest spiked pink collar for her off Ebay. Of course you have to have their ears cropped. We are a Doberman family....we have had 5 total. Thank you so much for the kitchen towel, beautiful colors.

Melinda-Hope that leg gets better soon.

Mary Ellen-Thank you so much for:
    The beautiful Birthday card
    Cucumber 'Mexican Sour Gherkin' seeds
    Carrot 'Cosmic Purple'
    Carrot 'Atomis Red'
    DH is excited about planting some carrots. Thanks again

I will post the June swap this week-end....can you imagine having to follow Annie with a swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley

• veeja11
    9 years ago

send me one of those adorable puppies please

• sguanzon
    9 years ago

Now I know why Shirley didn't post she'd rec'd my card

It wound up back in my mailbox yesterday, postage intact!!!
    And no indication why they returned it!

I'm going to re-package it and take it to the post office myself today and give them heck and tell them to decide what postage needs to be on it.

Sorry to be late Shirley!

Sue G

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, no BINGO again!!!! I will go fetch the canines and be back in a few..................but a few things first!

Sue G, thanks for checking in. I sent you another email this morning. Did you send to your partner Susan (skyblue52)?????????????? If Susan received, I missed it!!!! Please post here with that info!!

Margo, no apologies! I am sure the birthday girl Miss Shirley will forgive you....LOL!

Shirley, to funny, you are putting the pressure on your daughter Shelia to choose.....aaahhhh passing the buck...LOL! Thanks to all for taking the time to submit a PICTURE PERFECT FOR MISS SHIRLEY!!! I will wait to hear from Shirley and then will post THE PICTURE PERFECT winner!

This receiving of posts is very weird!! I have not received via email any posts from here in several days as is the case with many of you. When I checked my email this morning, I have random posts from some of you from several days ago.

Melinda.....take care of your leg!!!!!

And a quick update....

Shirley has received from everybody except Sue G. She will resend today.

*MaryEllen (mellen) SHIRLEY RECEIVED!!!!!
    *Sue G (Sguanzon) SEND AGAIN

PARTNERS UPDATE...

*Laura should be receiving from Beth anytime.
    *Sue G, not sure if she sent to Susan (skyblue52). I do not see where Susan received from Sue G....Sue G...let us know. Skyblue, if you received and I missed it, please post.

*Beth(Beth_b_Kodiak) sends to Laura(lilangel181) SENT
    *Suzanne (hibiscusfan) sends to Sharon (toomanyanimals) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Sharon (toomanyanimals) sends to MaryEllen(mellen) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *MaryEllen(mellen) sends to Jeanne(sandlapper) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX
    *Annie(canyonwind) sends to Sheri(Panhandle_seed...) SENT/RECEIVED XXXXX

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The canines are quite shocked that they still had some fetching to do. Shall today be the day that BINGO is called? There are now only two yummie pieces of paper in the big dog bowl. Check your BINGO card!!

Remember the first person to call BINGO WINS!!!! But I have something in my shopping bag of goodies for the second and the third person who call the BINGO
    word too!!!!! ....GOOD LUCK!!

Todays selections.........
    The German fetched....
    33. North Carolina
    and
    Black Lab Baby J fetched....
    9. The Darling Buds of May

Anybody??????

43. A Shirley Quote, 'I love big eyes and ruffles, doubles and spiders'
    6. Devils Food Cake Day (5-19)
    15. Tomatoes
    8. Blue Ridge Mountains
    21. Snowbank Brugmansia
    14. Camping
    7. Grandson Dawson
    45. Family
    40.Escargot Day (5-24)
    47. December 24
    11. Hostas
    37. Sedum
    49. Birthday Party
    29. Mam Maw
    46. Fruit Scents
    4. No Cook Fondant
    39. Jealous
    18. May Queen
    2. Daylilies
    41. Church
    27. Hens N Chicks
    35. Crocheting
    38. Cake and Ice Cream
    19. Oriental Lilies
    48. Date Your Mate Month
    3. Iris
    44.Franklin Garden Club
    22.Spacecoast

Must run.....later!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Maybe someone got BINGO today, but I still need one more! Are we all waiting for the same one to be picked?

We've been getting rain lately and my plants love it! I see some spaghetti squash forming on those plants. I have them growing in tomato cages because I don't have much ground space for them to wander ... although they are certainly trying to do that. I may have to place slings under the squash as it grows larger. :-)

May went by in the blink of an eye!
    Jeanne

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

My lovely package from Beth arrived today! Inside was an adorable card that reads "A Little Word Of Thanks... (open the card) ...For A Whole Lot Of Nice!" and cuttings of Apple Mint and what says Pineapple Mint but I suspect is actually Pineapple Sage. :-) Either way I have the perfect spot in the garden and can't wait, thank you so much!

Still one word left- We MUST all need the same thing!

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

BINGO!!!

YAY!!!

Jayeanne

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

bingo the second ... lol
    sharon

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

Congrats Jayeanne on getting the first bingo!
    Sharon

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OMG!!!! BINGO,,,not once...not twice...no just twice. Congratulations Jayeanne and Sharon........who is next????

I just checked my emails and found I am once again getting posts from here. Interesting!!!! Please check your BINGO card......third place is calling!

Happy Evening!!

Annie

• smitties
    9 years ago

One of my last words was called but still missing one. This was one weird Bingo.

I ended up getting all the posts at once today. They must have been having some trouble here on GW with getting the posts to our email.

We just came in from having our first bonfire of the year. So nice. The temps are perfect, the air was still, the fish were jumping in our pond, and the bullfrogs were croaking. Couldn't have been a better evening for a bonfire. Good night all.

Margo

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Congrats to Jayeanne and Sharon!!!

You've given us a great swap this month, Annie. Great prizes, too! I love my red and white dish towel from Kohl's... goes perfect in my "red accent" kitchen. Thank you for spoiling us this month. Best birthday party ever!

What other prizes did people win? I saw where Melinda got a Bobby Flay Oven Mitt. Fun!

Sheri

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

I also won a red and white dish towel. It matches my newest red potholder perfectly!

Are we still playing for third place? (And if so, don't call anything till I get home from work! LOL) If not, I'm curious to know which Bingo words people are still missing.
    ~ Laura

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OK....no more posts here, I started update # 3 tiz party time...let us celebrate!!!!!!!

Thanks much!

Annie