SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piantini_gw

4th of July tomato plants update! (Photos included)

piantini
16 years ago

Photos have been included to share with you, and also encourage you to post in this thread how yours are doing and maybe include some pictures if you have any.

If you are interested in reading how they are doing, read below, if not then feel free to scroll down to the pictures and comment. Thank you!

Here is the status of my early type tomato plants. They are 6 weeks old since planted from seeds. They took a little over 2 weeks to germinate and as you can tell in the pictures they where fairly small at 22 days. At this moment some of the leaves turning light green / yellow, but overall I think they look ok. This might be because some of the leaves are not getting enough light. As you can tell I only have one lighting fixture and i found out the hard way that it is not enough. That is why I added the aluminum foil under and over to reflect as much light as possible. I still got about 5 to 8 weeks before planting them outside. I have no idea how large I should expect them to be 5 weeks for now, but I better be prepared. I have a cold frame greenhouse ready for them outside, i think they should do ok there in the month of april and grow the rest of the tomato plans under the light which i just planted from seeds last weekend and still have not germinated.

Please do not make fun of the way I created the tags. I order some online and i still haven't gotten them so I was afraid to lose track of what is what now that i planted they others tomato seeds. This tags are temporary.

Here they where 22 days or 3 weeks:

Here is the current status (6 weeks). As you can tell they grew at least 4 times it size in 3 weeks.

What size will they be in 5 weeks? I don't even want to know.

Comments (9)