SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squam256

My mango articles on wikipedia

squam256
13 years ago

So since we already have a bunch of mango posts here....I figure I'd add one more! :)

Over the past few years I have been slowly working on writing articles for wikipedia on the named mango cultivars. At this point I have written an article on just about every Florida cultivar and a few that originated outside the US. These articles contain historical info along with descriptions.

These have and are still a work in progress. Some of the older articles pale in quality when compared to the newer ones I've written and so they lack uniformity and I am still working on updating them. I have been aided by Asit Ghosh of the Brevard RFVC who has supplied many of his mango photos that he's taken over the years to the wiki database and many of which I've included in the articles.

It should also be noted that I did not write every single one of these, though I did write most of them.

Please check them out and let me know what you think and how you think they can be improved on. There are still a number of major varieties that don't have articles yet (such as Nam Doc Mai)along with others that have incomplete articles and some of you may even want to contribute yourselves (just make sure you can supply proper references if you create or edit).

So here is the link to the template:

Here is a link that might be useful: Mangoes on wikipedia

Comments (15)