SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellyinflorida

NEW: Getting to know you, Monthly Trade Group

kellyinflorida
18 years ago

What a great way to get to know the folks here on Gardenweb!

Raise your hand if you have been left out of a swap because you are new or just not in the clique? This trade group is for you!

Every month you will have a new trading partner, you'll get an email about the likes and dislikes of your partner and hopefully you'll have a group of new friends by the time we are finished. I hope some of the GW veteran's will join too.

Here are the basics:

This will be a continuing month to month trade group that will last as long as I can handle it =)

Every month each participate will have a trading partner assigned. This will change monthly so we can get to know each other, the hope is that by the end of this robin you will have met new friends and gardening pals.

We will start this the first week of June.

These boxes do not have to break the bank. The cost of the items is up to you. All of the items can be found either in your yards or at a nearby discount store or walmart.

Each month we will send a box containing the following:

1 plant, bulbs or cutting with basic care instructions, suitable for your partners zone.

2 packs of seeds suitable for your partners zone.

1 Garden decoration (birdhouses, signs, flags, feeders, chimes, figurines etc.)

1 sweet treat for your partner such as candy, gum or chocolate (Please notice if your partner is diabetic, PLEASE send labeled sugar free package)

1 small personal item for your partner such as Garden gloves, garden or hobby magazine, desk decorations, small picture frame, hand trowel, something related to a hobby or your partners pets, maybe something homemade. You get the idea.

I will have your trading partner lists ready the 1st week of the month.

All packages should be mailed no later than the middle of the month.

If you can't trade for a month please let me know in advance (as much notice as possible). You can come back whenever your ready to trade again.

If you commit to a trade and don't follow through then you'll be removed from the swap. I hate that but I don't know another way to handle it.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If you have any problems related to this swap or members of the swap PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM HERE, email me and I will do my best to work it out.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please ship your boxes with delivery confirmation and post here as your packages are sent (you can give the delivery confirmation #) and also let us know as your packages arrive. I enjoy hearing about the surprises you got.

EVERY MONTH NEW PLAYERS will be accepted.

I hope I covered everything, If I missed anything I'll update later.

When you sign up please send me the information below.

QUESTIONAIRE

This questionaire will be sent to your trading partner, it will give them an idea of what to send to you in your box.

Please email me with your answers and also include your Gardenweb name, real name and mailing address.

Are you Diabetic or on a sugar free diet?

What are you favorite sweet treats?

What are your hobbies?

Do you have a wish list of seeds ?

Do you have a wish list of plants ?

Do you have pets or favorite animals, what are they?

What are your favorite colors?

Do you have garden themes?

Do you have news to share that might give your trading partner a gift idea for you?

Example: Are you expecting a baby, grand child? Do you have a new pet, new house with a bare yard?

Comments (86)