SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacquelyn8b

SSRI withdrawal ?

Jacquelyn8b
18 years ago

Since we have had discussions about medications here and I know there are some of you that take these, you should know what I learned today.

Events of the past year or so had me taking Effexor. Then larger doses and larger doses until the prescription should have been enough to drop an elephant!

About 6 weeks ago I told my doctor that it was getting to the point that I didn't care that I didn't care. That's pretty bad! So we tapered down the Effexor while building up the Zoloft.

I have felt like hell ever since. Joints, especially the back, really, really hurt. Nauseated, aggressive, sleepless, headaches, lungs feel 'heavy' and I'm generally no fun to be around.

When I called the doc this morning, she said that these are "some of the possible effects of Zoloft as it is being built up or tapered off." She should have told me first! This can last for months. Some people can't stop taking this stuff without such terrible suffering that they would rather kill themselves than continue.

The point is to ask your doctor specifically about ALL the side effects and the withdrawals when the medication is no longer needed. The drugs work, but there must be full disclosure so we know what might happen.

Comments (20)