SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swrancher

Another Yard On New Years

swrancher
14 years ago

Happy 2010 to everyone! Here are a few pictures of my yard. I moved here about two years ago so all of my tropical fruit trees have been planted less then two years. My Alano Sapodilla just started to speed up its growth and has lots of pinkish leaves. The large Mango tree is a VP bought as a seven gallon plant from PIN two years ago, its now about 10-12 feet tall! I included a pix of a still unplanted dirt mound...future site of an undetermined Avocado, Longan or maybe another Mango. The small Tamarind tree is planted in my front yard. I have about a dozen Banana trees planted that includes Ice Cream, Orinoco, cavendish, and Thai Egg type. Also have an Ackee tree, its now about 7-8 feet tall. Last year it totally dried up and lost all its leaves and branches when about three feet tall. I was about to pull it up when I noticed a little green at the top, it came back in spring and even grew about 4-5 feet more. The avocado tree is a Russell, if you notice it has a section with no leaves. Last fall/summer I almost lost the tree due to a fungus, I made the common mistake of overwatering the tree. It lost almost all its leaves and the trunk even split. Talked to a guy at Spkyes who advised it had fungus and needed regular copper treatments. Started spraying copper each week on the tree and pouring the excess solution on the roots and it slowly came back. Today it seems healthy except for its small bald spot. I don't water it unless its really, really dry.

Luckily its raining here now because my rain barrel just went empty this morning. Again Happy New Year to everyone.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional