SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vgary_gw

Lincoln Adams Tomato Returns To Kentucky

vgary
16 years ago

The Miller's 1860s Lincoln Adams Heirloom Tomato Returns to Kentucky

Some of you may remember that I have a special interest in tomatoes which have a Kentucky connection. I discovered another this week; archaeology shared his seed with me(see his post below. I was able to locate and talk with Mrs. Miller whose husband gardened most of their married life and grew the Lincoln Adams Tomato. I was saddened to hear that Mr. Miller expired in July of 2007. He had taught music at Rowan College in New Jersey for many years. Mrs Miller's family had Kentucky roots; she was born in Eastern Kentucky in a small community called Jenks, Kentucky near Hazard. Her mother's father and grandmother had lived in the Richmond, Kentucky area and had grown this tomato for many years. She said it was large and tasty! Her son is interested in gardening and plans to keep the tradition of growing this family tomato. I am pleased to add this to my collection of other great Kentucky Heirlooms!

Posted with permission ---

Posted by archaeology (My Page)

Fri, Sep 21, 07 at 14:52

Also I have a tomato that has been passed down through a family since 1860.they call it lincoln adams, adams is the family that it came down through, lincoln because of the era. They have no children to pass the seeds on with, so they gave me a few seeds. I've grown this tomatoe for two years now. it's red, medium size , leaf is potato shaped, plant was pretty hardy, and the fruit a nice taste.I have some extra seeds, if any of you would like to give it a try.the little bit of seeds i have, i would like to spread them through out the country, west coast, south and mid west, south west, and north west i'll give first consideration to .If interested email and i'll give you my address where you can send me a sase.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022