SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northlochs

SFG Planning Website and Online Veg. Seed Database

northlochs
15 years ago

Hi Folks

There's been a couple of discussions on this board in the past about software for SFGers, but nothing perfect ever seemed to come of them.

This is another thread about an online seed database, plating journal and plot planner, specifically aimed at SFGers. I'm developing it myself in my spare time (I'm a full-time web developer during the day, and a part-time SFGer other times) to manage my plot in the way I want it to, and I'm thinking about opening it up to others to use.

What I'm asking for here is a few people (at most 5 really) with good ideas and time who'd be willing to be initial test users on the system so that I can get feedback and make the system *the* perfect SFG planner.

At the moment, there's a basic seed database available, and not much else. I'd reckon within a week or so there'll be additional features and I'm hoping that the site will be ready for larger scale testing in Feb / March 2009.

Initial testers will have access to a bug-tracking system where they can leave suggestions, notes of problems etc for me to work on, and will have a direct influence on how the system develops.

If you're a (reasonably) computer / internet savvy square foot gardener, willing to give up some of your spare time to help test and build this system, I'd love to hear from you. I'm unable to pay anything, but since I'm not making any money from this myself, it'll be good to work on something together.

Cheers,

David

Comments (23)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES