SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

Nashville peeps: Conserving water

conniemcghee
14 years ago

...was just wondering how other Nashvillians are doing with water conservation and the garden.

My yard, especially the back yard where we had not mulched yet, is bone dry. I also have a lot of things potted up for the swap, and they have needed watering this week (don't worry, everything spoken for is fine).

I have been able to take care of the bare minimum with two gallons in a watering can daily, but I tell you what, I feel so guilty about even using that.

I have not had a full shower in almost a week because I'm trying to get in and out as quickly as possible. Wearing hair in a ponytail. We are not washing clothes or dishes. Drinking bottled water and only turning the faucet on high enough to rinse our hands. But I can't bring myself to give up watering the few plants I have that really need it (newly planted seedlings, and things in pots for the swap).

Tonight I broke down and took a bath. Don't tell anyone. I couldn't take it anymore, and oh man, I have to say, I feel so much better. I have felt like a Survivor cast member all week.

But the part I thought you all might find funny is, I am saving the water (which had epsom salts in it) to water my plants. This should supply me for a whole week, at least! :D

Mom said she has been the same way. She has gone to greater lengths than I have to conserve, but she has been catching what little water they use in the sink and shower to water her plants.

Just wondered if anyone else is on a guilt trip about this...

Comments (10)

Sponsored