SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
majortom9

Mosaic Virus or Ph issue

majortom9
13 years ago

Hey all, im new here, my first post and im hoping someone can help. My girlfriend has some Better Boy Tomatoes in a small flood and drain hydroponic system that have done really well untill a couple weeks ago. The new tomatoes have a brown marble like coloration to them and eventually turn very dark and fall off when they are just smaller than a ping pong ball, the stem that supports them breaks at the nuckle.All the flowers are just there and not blooming at all.The older leaves have all cannoed and the younger growth sprouts have grown very little. The newer growth has dark lesions/splotches on the stalks that are dark brown at first and seem to dry out to a lighter brown after a few days.Overall the plants look green but has some light green spots spread at random, not like a mag defficency or anything i have ever seen.I cant help but think its tobacco mosaic virus but her brother, "mister hydro" is yelling ph.Could improper Ph cause those type of symptoms? Brown marbilization on the new tomatoes? I will try to get some pics made in the next couple days. Thanks yall.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!