SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliat_gw

Drowning tomato? Fungus? Yellowing leaves.. help!

juliat
17 years ago

I'm pretty new to tomatoes. This is just my second year with them, and I am probably absurdly trying to stay organic. I got two tomato plants in trades -- a roma and a Sungold -- put them both in pots on the sunny driveway, in almost pure garden/kitchen compost -- I probably mixed in a little promix and composted cow manure -- and put those red plastic soil covers around their stems. I've sprayed them occasionally with water/dishsoap/bakingsoda/milk/garlic oil. They THRIVED. I have plenty of little tomatoes growing, especially on the Roma. UNTIL we got these torrential rains starting Saturday or so. Now I'm seeing these leaves:

What is this? Fungus? Virus? Today I sprayed with a neem mixture, but I don't even have any idea what Daconil is (some of you seem to be spraying with it?) and am about to plunge into a period of intense work for about a week and won't have time to go to the garden center to buy anything, or spray anything, until the end of next week. Is there anything organic I can do tomorrow? Will they survive until next week? We've got weather forecasts calling for more rain, thunderstorms, rainstorms, rain, rain, rain. Should I stick these plants in the garage or on the porch to dry them out a bit? Anything else that might help? Mulch them with a few more inches of compost to stop rain splash? (I don't have any other form of mulch handy) Should I pick off the baby green tomatoes and put them on my windowsill now?

Thank you for any advice!!

Comments (2)