SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esmith0625

Help with yellowing tomato plant leaves?

Elizabeth S
8 years ago

Hello,

It's my first year growing tomatoes and I've run into some difficulty which I'm hoping someone may be able to help with!

I planted two yellow cherry tomato plants in the spring, which did well through the summer. I was away for a few weeks in August for work and the plants had wilted a fair bit by the time I returned. I assumed this was due to a combination of hot weather and infrequent watering by the person looking after my home while I was away. I took off all the areas that appeared to be wilted away and have been watering consistently to encourage the plants to recover. It seemed as though they had done this, and they were starting to putout new leaves and flowers. However, I'm noticing some new dead areas and that the leaves of the plants overall are spotted, with some areas yellowing and wilting. I'm using a 15-30-15 fertilizer once a week and am in zone 4b/5a.

I've posted a few pictures to illustrate. I apologize that they aren't the best quality as they were taken with my phone.

I'm wondering if anyone recognizes this issue and has an idea of what it might be and how to remedy it. Thank you very much in advance for your time!

Liz

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor