SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medontdo

ok i got a queston!!

medontdo
15 years ago

i'm getting my hands on some manuer!! LOL and BOY am i happy!! you donn't know how estatic i am!! so i'm wanting to mix the vermiculite in with that, in my beds, that i'm FINALLY getting together!! WOOHOO!! ok, now i know that mostly i won't be able to use this for a while anyhow, so i finally got my compost tumbler made so i will have 1 going, tabor and i are gonna be working on the other one next week. the last one will be for my strawberry tower. ok back to my point. can i use the other 1/3 compost?? i won't be able to have peat, using money to get the vermiculite will be a strain enough. LOL so answers please LOL (you do know, i'm just totally being very onery right!! LOL)

also, i am planning on using plastic on the bottom of these beds, i have quack grass, and in my yard it grows right on up thru the 10 layers of newpapers someone told me to use, so i was thinking on useing this. so what do ya think of that?? no holes, i figure the excess water will drain thru the boards and under the bottom. (of my uneven yard!! LOL) whatchya think on that note also?? is it ok? i really don't want to spend all that money on the one stuff but plastic is something i have alot of!! when i had the money i did buy the roll of 100x10? ft of 6ml plastic from lowes plus my mom is a trucker and she gets rolls of plastic and i got a few so i have plenty!! LOL

~Medo

Comments (9)

Sponsored