SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

Food, Fun and Free Plants

bigorangevol
16 years ago

Well folks we are only three and a half weeks away from The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap! I hope that you are somewhere near as excited as I am.

Please, please, please go to our website at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/ and register if you haven't already...and most of you haven't. **** Im giving reserved priority parking to those that have pre-registered. ****

I don't know anywhere that you can go to have as much fun, eat tons of excellent food, hang out with the friendliest people you'll ever meet, listen to informative lectures and swap for free plants too!!! ITÂS FREE; how can you beat a deal like that? I know that there are quite a few of us that consider the spring and fall MTPS as the highlight events of our year.

I'm REALLY pleased to see the huge number of first-time swappers that are planning to attend. You guys just don't realize what a special treat is waiting for you!!!

Lucas Holman, aka the Daylily Kid, will be our special guest speaker at the MTPS and he has a wonderful topic for our lecture and Q & A session. What could be more apropos after the last couple of years than "Drought Tolerant Perennials & Annuals? Lavonne and I lost so much stuff last summer to the heat and our water bill was just obscene so IÂm jacked with anticipation about this lecture. Shoot, IÂm delighted that Lucas is even coming considering his track record! :-)

BTW ladies, Lucas is single and available.

I'm sure that with the new location there will inevitably be some bugs to work out but I expect everything to run just as smoothly as usual. Bear with us if we hit a snag and weÂll get it worked out.

Not to be melancholy but I get a sick empty feeling every time I think about Jan and Jim not being there and that's pretty tough for me to accept. I do think that everyone will like HHSP though.

PLEASE remember that if your church, business, civic group, family or ANY kind of group is looking for a fantastic day or weekend trip/getaway---go to Buffalo Canoeing; you'll be so glad you did!!! All the info for a wonderful Christian campground and canoe trip is at your fingers, just go to http://www.buffalocanoeing.com/ . You wonÂt find a nicer host and hostess than the Hobbs with reasonable prices, stunning scenic beauty and five different trips to choose from. Plus they have all the amenities that you could ask for. Folks, without Jan & Jim we wouldn't have any plant swaps in Tennessee so show your love and appreciation for what they have so generously sacrificed for us all these years by booking your trip with Buffalo Canoeing!

OK, I'd like to see some posts from you regulars relating your personal experiences from the MTPS for all the newbieÂs (Zig that would be excluding any embarrassing stuff about me) Give these first-timers something to whet their appetites on so they can get a feel of what to expect.

As always, if you have any questions then shoot me an email at jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net.

See ya at the river,

Jeff

aka bigorangevol

aka BOV

Comments (3)

Sponsored