SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

Grain free dog food

sleeperblues
8 years ago

I know I blab about being grain free a lot on here, and I think I am a relatively smart person, but it took me a long time to switch my doggies to a grain free food. Actually, the only reason I did was that we were watching DD's pup for 4 months, and she insisted on grain free food. I thought it would just be easier to feed them all the same thing so I switched. My little mini poo Dusty is 11 years old (where does the time go?) and for most of his life he has had "asthma" and tracheal decompression with coughing. The treatment is a steroid pill, temeril, and I'm supposed to give it every day but I know what steroids do to humans, so I was giving it every other day. My vet is fine with that. Sometimes I would forget to give it to him, and then his increased cough would remind me. I just realized I have been forgetting to give it to him more and more because he has not been coughing nearly as much! So it appears to me that animals can be sensitive to grains, just like humans. I'm definitely going to mention this correlation to my vet. Just thought I'd let all the pet owners know about my n=1 experiment with Dusty.

Comments (48)