SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdrawkcab

Ideas for another gardening class?

sdrawkcab
16 years ago

My first attempt at teaching a free public lecture on a gardening topic (seed starting) was a mixed success. I focused too much on sceintific stuff and ran out of time before I could get through all of the real "applied" stuff. Using what I learned from the first class I think I'd like to try again with a different gardening subject.

I'm looking for ideas of possible topics that I might teach. I feel like I could present a lecture on almost any subject but I need to find one that the general public would be interested in. This rules out some of the stuff I'd like to teach such as: "The Theory of Hydroponic System Design and Construction" :(

Since I'm sure most of the people here act as "garden advisors" answering questions about gardening from friends, family, and co-workers; what subjects do you most often get questions about?

So far I've considered:

Pruning Techniques

Integrated Pest Management

Basic Landscape Design

What do you think would make a good topic for a 1-2 hour lecture sometime this summer or fall?

Thanks,

-Ryan

"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary." ~Thomas Carruthers

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you just learned this morning." ~Author Unknown

Comments (9)

Sponsored