SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ironbelly1

Rain Garden Class

ironbelly1
18 years ago

The Scott County Master Gardeners are hosting a rain garden workshop.

Saturday, October 8th, 9:00 am to 11:30 am.

Quite frankly, this is not going to be a shallow, fluffy little talk. We will be onsite of three, entirely different types of rain gardens. You won't just be told good information; you will be shown solid information that you can physically look at and actually touch. Photos of the process will be provided by the guy who did the work. He will be available for any questions.

The first third of the presentation will be given by Ray Wolf, who works for the National Weather Service. He will be leading the technical portion of the presentation. Ray has given several presentations for the Certificate Program of The Partners In Horticulture and has consistently been one of the most popular instructors.

The second third of the program will be the step-by-step installation process showing before, during and after photos. The "how to" aspect be addressed as well as providing answers to all of the "why" questions. Common mistakes and oversights will also be explored.

The final portion of the class will be spent out in the rain gardens themselves.

This class is free and open to the public. The only thing that I do ask is that a call be given to the Scott County Extension Office to sign up (563-359-7577) -- just so we have an idea of how many will be attending. However, if someone forgets to sign up, they will not be turned away.

The site of the class will be at my new home in Walcott, Iowa -- 435 W. Parkview Drive. Walcott is a small town, ten minutes west of the Quad Cities on I-80, just south of the huge, Iowa 80 Truckstop. It is a small little town (Trust me, you can't get lost.) and my house is located in the far, northwest corner of town in the new subdivision.

I hope to see you then.

Dan Mays

435 W. Parkview Drive

Walcott, Iowa 52773

ph. 563-284-9025

Comments (3)

Sponsored