SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daves_girl

Problems with cukes & melon vines

daves_girl
14 years ago

Hey Everyone -

I haven't posted in a while, but I've still been checking in and reading. I'm hoping someone can help me identify what is going on with my cucumbers and watermelon vines. My cucumbers were covered in blooms, and I've harvested 4 cucumbers to date, then the blossoms and tendrils started shriveling up. The vines themselves look green and healthy, but I haven't seen a bloom in at least a week, although there is new growth starting on one of the vines.

One of my watermelon vines has started having blossoms die too. Although I've only seen the problem with a few blooms. The rest of the vine looks healthy and has lots of blooms, and there are 2 good size watermelons growing (see last pic).

The boxes are filled with Mel's mix. I've used a fertilizer once a month. I water every other morning, and up until now, I've not really had any problems except dealing with aphids on my peas and flea beetles on one of my tomato plants, both which I think have been remedied. I'm posting pictures below. If anyone has an idea of what's going on, I'd love to have your input.

Thanks,

Kym

Cucumber 1:

From garden pests

Cucumber 2:

From garden pests

Watermelon 1:

From garden pests

Watermelon 2:

From garden pests

Watermelon 3:

From garden pests