SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organicgardendreams

Last Roses of 2010

The pictures of the roses posted in this photo threat are all taken in the last 14ten days! Of course I don't have many roses still blooming, so each one is considered a little gift at this time of the year. Hope you enjoy my photos!

William Shakespeare 2000. This is my favorite rose! The color is so beautiful and the rose is quite fragrant. Why did I wait 3 years before I bought this rose? It is so much prettier in reality than my photo shows. If you like it on my pic, just do yourself a favor and get it. You won't be disappointed.

A rain battered Le Vesuve. I love how soft and muted the colors of the Tea roses are in the winter.

Devoniensis Cl. Second bloom that I see on this rose. It is much more yellow than the last flower that opened.

Geranium maderense. Shooting the rose flowers in my garden I came across this plant, which I also want to show to you. It is from the hardy geranium family, but has really big leaves. The foliage is always perfectly laced. The smaller varieties of the hardy geraniums are often grown as companion plants with roses, but I rarely see this one anywhere.

Heritage. Completely pink right now instead of the usual pinkish-white.

Why do I post a picture of these unexciting bands? Because the one on the left is Wedding Cake. An oddball floribunda, bred by Ralph Moore that I was unsuccessfully trying to acquire for ages and now received as a Christmas gift from a friend. You can imagine how much I am looking forward to finally seeing it bloom in my garden. Maybe this spring already?

Marie Pavie. This rose seems to be completely unfazed by rain and the winter. She is putting out buds like mad.

Angel Face. Brought it in to rescue the bloom from all the rain. It opened to perfection.

A two-colored Belinda's Dream. Moonstone blooms are sharing the vase with it.

Georgetown Tea. I really love the romantic, ethereal quality the blooms of this Tea rose are taking on in the winter months.

William Shakespeare 2000, again, as seen through the lens of the camera by my husband. I think, he was able to capture the color a little bit better than I did.

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year to everyone!

Christina

Comments (15)