SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moodyblue_gw

Wedding bouquets of country garden roses

moodyblue
16 years ago

Somebody was posting about the rose Heritage and I happened to mention that I put them in a wedding bouquet once with cream roses. The poster said she/he would like to see a picture, well............finally!!! I have done three weddings, and probably will not take any more on, thought it was a lot of fun, but boy very nerve wracking.

Two weddings were for really good friends' daughters and one was for a work mate of mine. Hope you enjoy them!

Pauline - Vancouvr Island.

1996 Friends, Mike and Judy with daughter Sarah and Harry -I aim for a certain look, but there are not guarantees - all depends what I have. Here I aimed for something demure, but it was difficult to make a "small" bouquet of garden roses as they tend to be larger than florist roses in general.

Susan's, with bridesmaid holding bouquets. I decorated the wedding arch with lots of ivy and hundreds of sprigs of The Fairy rose.

Susan with her young niece Jessica

1998 Work mate lisa with sister and friend. She wanted yellow/pink/apricot blend and pink in her bouquet so had plenty of pickings for her September wedding. The longest rose which was at the tip of the length of the bouquet, giving it the shape it needed, shot to the ground during the ceremony - My heart missed a beat - I thought it had stopped altogether. I waited until I could nonchallantly pick it up. I thought to heck with it I am not going to worry about it, which was a good thing as hardly anyone noticed and I re arranged it at an appropriate moment. I guess the oasis I used was just too wet. It was such a casual wedding that it really did not matter. I am glad it was a wedding present though, and she was not paying for it.

Lisa and party at the beach.

2004 Friends Carol and John with daughter Sarah and Tod taken in our garden by rosa Paul's Himalayan Musk one of the pride and joys in our garden.

Sarah in front of the rambler.

Sarah with the girls and all the bouquets at the beach. Except for most of the cream roses in the brides bouquet, all the roses were out of our garden.

larger image of Sarah's bouquet. Not too many of the Heritage roses are showing up, but there were more throughout the rest of the bouquet. This was the most difficult wedding bouquet I made. It was supposed to look like a simple bunch of roses. Yeah right!!! Because most of the roses from my garden are short clusters on short stems, there was a need to place them in oasis and I had to insert stalks from the longer stemmed roses and other flowers in the bottom end so that it looked like a bunch of long stemmed roses. Some of the cream roses were ordered because I was not able to guarantee there would be enough in my own garden when the big day arrived.

Comments (10)