SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iliketerrariums

need help choosing suitable plants!!

iliketerrariums
18 years ago

I put up a couple of pics of my newest tank, please help! as you can see I need some! I would like the upper half of the tank to be more heavily planted, I just dont know what type of plant to use, the upper half of the tank sometimes reaches 100F! even though I have fans venting the heat out of the hood, I will add more fans when I get the chance, most of the anoles actually go up into the lights! Im sure it has to be at least 140F in there! but they love it! I keep the tank cooler for know by turning off the day light floros while leaving the actinic blues on, then giving it a good misting, it simulates a rain storm and lowers the temp to 89F at the top, 82 in the middle and 74 at the bottom, I can keep this temp stable as long as I keep the above mentioned routine (about twice a day) so again, I would prefere home depot type plants as I read how most terrarium specialty stores sell over priced low quality stuff, if any of you guys have cutting or pups or whatever please let me know as I will be more comfortable buying from you guys, any comments will be appreciated! good or bad, wont hurt me a bit! =)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH