SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zinnia_gw

Disabled gardener seeking online garden courses?

Zinnia
22 years ago

I am disabled and in a wheelchair. I can do very little physically, my DH does the planting and I do the planning. Gardening is a blessing to me, I began my perennial garden several years ago when I had to give up my career as an art teacher because of my illness. The fact that it is perennial gives me hope, even when my disease is flaring up I always have something to distract me and look forward to. It truly is a healing hobby and I'm so grateful my DH is willing to be my hands and muscles. I do enjoy creating bouquets for my home so my garden focuses on cut flowers but we are always branching out, this summer my DH made a lovely small pond with a waterfall for the birds which we also feed and watch, our backyard is like a Nature ceter. Currently we are making a shade bed with lots of hosta, I had know idea there were so many until I asked a few questions on the Hosta forum. I have learned so much from the great peaople on the gardenweb, I would also like to take an online course on gardening, something I could do at my own pace since I never know when I may need to be in the hospital. I'm thinking of something that repeats itself in intervals and has no cost. Barnes and Noble University offered a garden course in the spring but I didn't find out about until the last week and they are not currently offering any gardening courses. Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions