SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

Lopsided Garden and Lumpy Roses (Part 4)

serenasyh
14 years ago

Everyone, run-and-hide! its the Chronicles of the Lumpy Garden Saga! LOL, LOL! and I'm stilllll waiting for the buds from Tiffany to bloom and tons more Lincoln buds still left. I believe September-October is truly the time of the Lincolns! I have never seen so many buds ever!

Here is Climbing America:

Penny Lane: if heavy rains fall it ruins the pretty blooms so that the final shape is truly a mushroom, but if there is sun, it remains dainty and sweet.

Tiffany at the time I wrote was trying to reach Lincoln's height! It went from 5'2 to 5'6" within just 3 days (it's way taller than me now! and it's just a first-year root. Maybe this is why its buds haven't bloomed yet. Only one has so far bloomed.

Potted Special Occasion remains short, squat and wide (looks more like a ground cover rose, LOL)

Gemini which fell sick is valiantly sending out lots of new baby stems/leaves. What a trooper! so it has only a bare handful of roses while it is recovering and doesn't have enough energy to create its lovely exhibition hybrid tea form.

Fragrant Cloud only sent one barely photographical bloom (I think it hates the Autumn rain-weather and prefers the brighter sunshine of Spring and Summer)

Finally, here is Lincoln! I am sooo excited I finally got the 2nd classical hybrid bloom ever! (the first and only other time was in May)! It is still nowhere even a 10th as lovely as JeffAurora's, but it's a start!

But then to dampen my enthusiasm I got this reallllly hideous photo of another spiraling Lincoln that mushed out. Darn!

I thought these were comical Lincoln blooms getting stuck amidst the foliage. One is huge! 6" across (I like to exaggerate and say it's a 1/2 foot blossom). I had five actual 6" blooms, the rest were normal Lincoln sizes; I brought out the measuring tape to see if next year I can get a Guiness Book record bloom too!

Silly Lincoln created this strange petticoat! Hahaha!

More big blooms

Comments (22)