SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

I'm usually a 'bright side' person but this weather this summer is really bummin' me out. I'd throw in the towel on this gardening season, but it decomposed... The grand old Hydrangea here when I moved in years ago looks like it's dying of root rot, a pond keeps forming around it I've never seen before, concrete pad the heat pump sits on keeps going under water - never happened before, toads are coming up on the porch to not drown when the lawn is a lake, paint is coming undried, plants are drowning, that's not enough rain? We have a carport and there are muddy ruts where we park, from water flowing under it, never seen mud in this yard at all before, just sand. Didn't even know it was down there. I guess all of the sand that was on top is on its' way to the gulf now. Apparently it's possible to have more rain, and it's coming. We haven't been to the beach once this summer and it's only 78 miles away.

It's so dark this morning, and I'm chilled, wearing long sleeves. Whaaat?!

The past 2 summers I drove by crops baked and parched by too much sun, no rain. This summer, the same crops are dead from the opposite. Unless you're a mosquito, pill bug, slug, fish, this is a baaad year.

Hardly anything is growing right/well in my yard. Of course when it's raining, the sun is also not around. When it's not raining, it's usually cloudy and looks like it's going to anyway, it's a double-whammy. There's nothing to water, deadhead, prune, it's maddening! Moving things to a pot from the ground to save them from 'overwatering' is ironic (that might be wasted effort, I know how I am, always in recovery) and about the only thing I can find that might be at all helpful, aside from sandbagging flower beds. Watching the OM I worked so hard to get and place flow away, over top of the bricks, makes me want to... well, get more. It's so wet, the grass is drowning in some areas. I didn't know that was possible in a single summer.

Kvetching doesn't help, but whoever else wants to do it, I'll listen...

Never seen so much as a puddle in this area before this year. Usually it's a battle to mow as fast as the grass can grow, especially around those poles.

Comments (5)

Sponsored