SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccaggiano_gw

Anyone else going crazy here? Dying to plant but too soon...

ccaggiano
16 years ago

I am going nuts. Last summer I had my first garden. Grew tomatoes, eggplants, basil and cucumbers in two beds. Everything thrived and with that success, started doing a lot of research on gardening. I came across the SFG book and am going to do it this year. I am working on building four raised beds - each 4 x 8.

My seeds came yesterday and I am ready to go. This year, I am going to try beans, peas, potatoes, lettuce, broccoli, carrots, corn, pumpkins, watermelon, strawberries, peppers, etc. Along with four different tomatoes, two different cucumbers, heirloom eggplant, two different types of basil and some parsley. I planted some garlic in October (store bought because I was bored) and am dying to see if it comes up in the spring.

It is way to soon to start seedlings and it is killing me. I want to start growing things!!! Instead, I find that I am spending most of my days re-reading my gardening books and also spend countless hours on the internet reading about specific veggies and how they grow.

My OCD - (undiagnosed but definitely showing symptoms) has me printing out diagrams, seed sowing dates, planting dates for seedlings etc. And all I can think about is the first harvest.

Is there a support group for this? Maybe a 12-step program? If not, and if any of you feel the same, I'll start.

Hello - my name is Chrissy and I am addicted to gardening.

Comments (12)

Sponsored