SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

Tea 'n' Tea

digit
15 years ago

Here's a photo of the inside of a plastic bag with some frozen "stuff." Yay!

The "stuff" is lemon verbena. DW didn't appreciate me hanging herbs from the handles of the cupboard doors this Summer. So, she pulled the still wet sprigs of lemon verbena out of their rinse water and pushed them in a plastic bag. The bag went in the freezer. It works great - maybe even better than drying!

Before she short-stopped my herb drying I got a nice bag of dry anise hyssop. That has become my favorite herb to grow for tea altho' it benefits a little from a little something else added. Lemon verbena is a good addition but "stands alone" better than just about any herb.

I can't believe that I have no catnip this year. DW decided that the plant I was saving beside the house was a "weed" and pulled it. Meanwhile, I kept hitting the catnip plants growing beside the garden with either the mower or the weed-whacker. Catnip does not appreciate this sort of thing and it would not grow a decent crop. Oh, I suppose that I could have gotten down on all 4's and harvested a teacup full with the scissors. But, it shouldn't be considered that valuable.

Gives me an excuse to buy more Licorice Spice & Sleepytime at the store - Hey, what's the deal with putting Valerian in Sleepytime?? What are they trying to do, knock me out?

digitS'

Comments (3)