SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

Cool tool for collecting rose pollen.

luxrosa
12 years ago

I had a toothache a few months ago and bought some clove oil for it. It was sold under the brand name of "Red Cross".

The cool thing was that with the small bottle of clove oil came a pair of tweezers that were different from any other tweezers I've ever seen because they had ends that curled up. Imagine a pair of tiny snow ski's. These tweezers are perfect for gently stripping pollen off of stamens!!!. I just scoop it upwards over the stamens and the pollen comes easily off and the pollen is held better on them than on straight end tweezers. Before when I used straight end tweezers the pollen fell off of the sides of the tweezers, with these tweezers I can collect four times the pollen in every motion.

Sometimes I can't afford to loose any pollen because I'm collecting it at the end of a bloom cycle on the last rose bloom, from an rose cultivar that blooms once a year.

I hold a paper cone made from a paper plate beneath the blossom and have at it. Before I found the collecting of pollen to be a bit arduous, now its' fun.

Lux.

Comments (2)