SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minniemousem

New -- Need to save some great roses before I move

Minnie Mouse
9 years ago

Hi, I am new to this forum. A few years ago I found some roses at a great local nursery. I bought them because I do not have a green thumb and these beautiful roses were grown from bushes found growing wild on the side of a road in Texas. I bought three different ones, planted them in our poor soil and just left them.

Now, seven years later, I have only fertilized them two times, once with fertilizer and once by throwing a couple of bags of "rose soil" on the base. In spite of the terrible Texas heat and my neglect, they are now huge -- about ten feet across and six feet tall, all three together in a jumble of gorgeous pink roses. You should see them in the spring -- so breathtaking.

We sold our home and we are moving in a week. I just realized -- I have to find a way of keeping some of these amazing roses for our next home.

How do I do that? What is the best way to give me hope of growing these roses? it's in the 90-100s here right now. They have hundreds of hips on them, and a few dozen blooms.

As you can tell, I am not much of a gardener. I don't even know where to start. I looked at some stuff online but I need something that I know will work.

Thank you.

Comments (7)