SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebel_renegade1

Green Habaneros and Cold Weather

rebel_renegade1
13 years ago

Ok I planted my Habaneros about a month later than I should have. I now know to plant them earlier next Winter/Spring. The Problem I am having is it is starting to get colder outside and I am afraid my Habaneros might not make it. I have about a dozen Habaneros on the plant but they are all green. I picked one off and was trying a few tricks I have read and heard about, but the tricks do not seem to work. I have tried putting the Habanero next to a over ripe tomato and it doesn't seem to work. I have several questions. First, Do Green habaneros taste as bitter as some people claim? Also Is their a way to get them to change to that familiar Orange color? My Jalapeno pepper plants are doing good. I have probably harvested over 2 to 2 1/2 dozen jalapenos. Not as much as I would have like but enough for what my wife uses them for. I am worried My Habbies might not make it and that I will have to cut them off green and use them that way. Any Advice would be very much appreciated. I am hoping someone will answer in the next day or two as I believe it is supposed to be cold either tomorrow night or friday night.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals