SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
radiantjade

It rooted! Now what do I do?

radiantjade
15 years ago

IÂm so excited! ItÂs been maybe a week or two since I checked on my rose cuttings. They all died except for this little guy. It has lots of little leaves and one tiny root coming out of the bottom of the pot. This has been my forth attempt trying to start roses from cuttings, and they always die on me. I havenÂt gotten this far with roses, and I donÂt know what I should do next.

It might be a Margo. Not sure. Its mother is a tall climbing plant with almost non-stop small (miniature) salmon blooms. ItÂs absolutely beautiful!

IÂve kept it under a plastic covered tray. IÂd like to get it out as soon as possible because IÂm afraid it might start to rot (like the others) if I keep it under there too long.

Questions: Should I transplant it into a larger pot first? Or should I harden it off first? ItÂs in a 2" pot now. Should I wait longer for more roots to develop? When I do transplant it, what type of soil should I use?

I really want this one to make it. Any other tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

---radiantjade

Tiny Root

My rooted cutting

I've been keeping it in one of these trays.

Comments (5)