SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilacs_of_may

I lost weight!

16 years ago

Hey, good news for a switch. Two months ago my chiropractor put me on a detox diet. Not one of those funky fasting diets or eat-only-one-food-group diet. This was quite reasonable. I took several different types of supplements as well, and they helped tone down my cravings. So two days into the regimen, I stopped drinking Coke.

Entirely. Completely. Kicked it. After being a "coke addict" for 50 years.

Fast forward. I had an appointment with my chiropractor last Saturday, and I was in a room with a weight scale. I usually avoid those things. They haunt my nightmares. But my pants had been feeling a little looser, so I decided to check.

I was so depressed, and I told my chiropractor, Jason, that I'd gained 18 pounds.

He told me that that particular scale wasn't right. They'd tested it, and it was 30 pounds heavy.

So I didn't gain 18 pounds.

I lost 12!

And I'm not dieting, really. Not on a weight loss diet, anyway. I think kicking soda is what did it. And I'm only occasionally eating candy now. Figure -- 2 20-ounce bottles of Coke a day. I think that's about 500 calories right there. Times seven is 3500. That's a pound a week. And I'm doing a lot of hard yard and garden work plus karate.

Wow.

(And I mentioned gardening so this is, too, on topic.)

Comments (4)