SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselover99

rose problems

roselover99
15 years ago

Hello! I've been looking in on this website for the last several years and have enjoyed it so very much, it is a great resource!! I have taken much advise and diagnosed previous problems through browsing former posts. Thank you all for such a wealth of knowledge!!

I have two issues. One is my Gertrude Jekyll, she was beautiful and healthy last week and now leaf cutter bees have gotten to her. I have seen evidence of them before, but not nearly this much. Also most of my unopened buds are yellowing and flopping over. I will try to post pics.

Also my JFK has some darkness in one it's shoots and I'm not sure if it is normal or canker. Other than that area, it looks healthy.

Last one, I recently discovered a few (about 5, on 2 separate occasions) rose weevils lurking in a couple of my roses (Gertrude being one of them). I've dug around the crown under the mulch to look for grubs or larvae and see none. Could these little destroyers be wondering into my roses or are they positively living and breeding in my beds? I did dispose of the few adults I have found, and only very little evidence of them dining on my roses.

I'll have to research on how to post pictures, I will follow up with them...:-(

Any advise or thoughts would be soooo appreciated!!! Thanks!

Comments (3)