SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nurseruthie

Large White Rose Bush - Noisette? White Cloud?

NurseRuthie
10 years ago

It would mean A LOT to me if soneone can help me identify this rose.

I purchased this rose from a big box home improvement store 5 years in a bin of $3.99 bare root roses. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor the following year and its driving me crazy that I can't remember the name of this rosé. I've been trying to figure it out for 3 years now.

It's characteristics remind me of the noisettes I've seen - ESPECIALLY the blush noisette, but I live in Zone 5 and it thrives here and has basically no die back. It also has only a VERY palest pink tinge to the buds and the blooms are white. The blush noisettes seem to have at least a little more pink. It is very, very thorny - more so than any of my other 41 rose bushes.

I do have a gardening notebook, which shows I planted a rosé named White Cloud- but can't find many pictures or much information online about "rosa white cloud". I lost several roses the year I got sick because it was very hot and dry and I was too sick to care properly for the newly planted ones.

I am posting a farther away picture, but will post a closer up one also if it will let me. The legs of this bush are thick and thorny, visible up to about 2 feet, and very upright. This bush is about 8-9 ft tall and 11-12 feet wide. It has been heavily pruned at least twice and lightly pruned this year. It's a vigorous grower and has a wonderful fragrance. I would describe the canes as somewhat arching. Aftee the first big flush, it has scattered blooms throughout the summer until it freezes late in the fall.

Thank you for trying to help!

Ruthie

Comments (7)