SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bruglover

Pink shrub rose ID

bruglover
18 years ago

This is the bulldozed rose, again. Only pic I'm lacking now is fully open bloom - will be added to page later today or early tomorrow. Canes at ground level are huge, ankle size, gray cracked bark like a tree. I found it in the trash, cut it back to 1 ft, planted it, and it grew! Click on thumbnails to enlarge.

Friend who lives near the house where it was from says it was a big shrub rose, 6-7 ft tall. Canes are reddish so far. Blooming on new growth. Buds are at ends of canes, usually in groups of 3.

Numerous bright red thorns, 2" apart, usually less.

Leaf clusters have small hooked thorns on the back on the middle stem thingy, whatever it's called. Sometimes a few, sometimes all the way along it.

On the older, bigger leaf clusters, the leaf at the end of the cluster is quite round imo. Sorry, no good pic of that. Leaves are leathery.

Petals roll back at ends. Allergy season for me, and I can't smell the bloom that's opening.

Pics as clear as I could make them with the dratted cheap camera. Anybody got a clue, or a group of clues? Class, even?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose thumbnails

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor