SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilamy_gw

I couldn't help myself...potted rose

18 years ago

I have grown roses for the last 7 years and don't exactly call myself a newbie. I would say I am just in the very beginnings of being comfortable with the roses and in being able to catch problems early. Now I know full darn good and well that when I saw the amazingly beautiful red/yellow striped mini roses in the grocery store this weekend that I should just walk away. It has been about 5 years since I last tried one indoors and luckily I was able to send it into dormancy and shove it in the ground quick enough to save. So here I am with the ground frozen and snow coming down with a gorgeous little rose that makes my heart sing. I have it on a pebble tray at the moment and am going by to get a new light for it after work tonight. I am planning on weekly swishes for mites and misting along with the pebble tray for humidity. Now come my questions. Can a regular desk lamp with the cone reflector fitted with a spiral flourescent bulb be enough to help supplement the light from the southern window this baby is in? Has anyone at all had any luck keeping a mini rose alive indoors over the winter? I would love to be able to keep the plant alive and happy though the winter and then plant it in early spring. Any success stories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Amy

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21