SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenhaven_gw

Intro and rose ID

greenhaven
16 years ago

Hello, folks! I am excited to be a part of the forums here, and hope I will not wear out my welcome with lots of questions! I promise to search for posts before I ask something that has already ben asked a hundred times.

I am excited to be getting into roses this year. I never wanted to because of their fussiness and my propensity towards native plants, but now I am hooked.

Last summer was our first in our new house, and I was bowled over to doscover a gorgeous rose growing under our pine tree! I almost dropped a load of yard clippings on it! This house sat empty for three years, so this is obviously a very tough rose. It is also in quite a bit of shade, and I am thinking about moving it this Spring.

The bush was fairly small, (probably from being shaded)about 3x3. The canes were fairly thin anf loppy, but it never lay on the ground. The bloom size was 2-3", and super-fragrant!! Heavenly! The blooms did not last long. It bloomed mostly early Summer, with a small repeat-bloom in early Fall. Also, the bloom color is very accurate in these photos, although slightly faded from being ready to drop petals.

So, what do you think?

Image link:

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths