SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kuvaszlvr

What the heck happened???!?!

kuvaszlvr
11 years ago

I'm curious if this has ever happened to any of you guys before. I've been eating peppers since I was in my teens, and this is the first time anything this crazy has ever happened... I'm kinda scared to eat any peppers now.

This weekend I fried up some Pimiento de Padrons. They say every 20th one is extremely hot. Well first one I ate was hot (not extremely, maybe jalapeno heat, maybe cayenne). No biggie, but about 30 seconds later I had 3 of the most aggressive hiccups I've ever had. Shortly after that I thought, "dang (not word I thought) I'm going to throw up." So, now I'm not nauseous but I feel like I'm going to throw up, plus, I am having a hard time breathing. I go to the bathroom, feel like I have to cough but know if I do I really will throw up, still can't breathe well, still feel that throwing up is imminent. Finally I took a deep breath. hmmm, felt a bit better, took 3 more, then I felt I could safely cough and did. After that I was ok. WTF!

Has anyone ever had anything like that happen to you? I've gotten hiccups, but mild never this loud whole body hiccup. When I came out of the bathroom my husband was still laughing and asked if I was sure I really liked eating peppers. (I did finish off the remaining 6 padrons - haha, figured I was safe for the time being).

Pam

Comments (6)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional