SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

How soon before you can tell if the tips froze

karyn1
16 years ago

Unfortunately we had a power outage a few nights ago when the temps were in the teens and some of my plants were damaged. Prior to that the majority of my plumies had not gone dormant. Now the leaves look like cooked cabbage so I cut them back leaving a stump of the leaf stem. There's some plants that might have tip damage, I can't tell. How long will it take for damage to show? When I've had frost damage in the past it was immediately obvious. I took all the plumies out of the GH at the farm and brought them home. I don't want to risk another power failure. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. For the time being I have them in the foyer which is not sitting very well with DH and the kids. I can't see why they would mind picking their way through the plumies trying to get to the front door. lol On a positive note DH bought me a 10x10x12 greenhouse for Hanukkah that will be accessible from the dining room. The people are supposed to be here between Christmas and New Year to put it up. Right now there's several boxes taking up quite a bit of space in the garage. If the boxes weren't in there I'd have room for the plumies!

Karyn

Comments (17)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH