SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
antoinetterh

My pepper diary

antoinetterh
12 years ago

Hello everyone. Im mostly new, in the sense that it's rare i post anything on here. I just wanted to share some pictures of SOME of the harvest i just had and of the garden. Our Bhut's are tremendously overgrown and HUGE! Habanero's are doing good this year as well. This year i had to pick up on learning to can because of the abundance of peppers we get. I've pickled them, dried them, stuck some in oil with herbs, some in honey, made apricot habanero jelly, i dried & ground some as spice...running out of ideas! So today's harvest im just drying. Anyway, i just thought i'd share and i hope you enjoy!

This is the pepper garden. They look a lil 'down' because it just rained! RAIN in TEXAS, its been soooooo long!! Originally I had strawberries in the middle from the year before and the Bhut's just overtook the space and killed them from shadowing the sun. So what used to be MY garden, is now my fiance's pepper garden. Left side is Bhut's and the right is habanero's. Right smack in the middle is this Maple tree that randomly started growing there...so we left it. LOL! Not many peppers on because i just harvested them all. And let me say, they are taller than me at the moment, probably going on 6feet tall.

Peppers i have in the oven drying as i type.

Not today's harvest, but last week's harvest

Side view of the pepper garden

Comments (2)

Sponsored