SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ripkenmandy

Choosing Yellow Rose for Hot, Dry Climate

ripkenmandy
17 years ago

Hello,

I have really enjoyed reading this forum the past couple of weeks. It's very informative and everyone seems so helpful and polite!

I'd sure appreciate some input. I live in the high desert of southern California, where a normal winter can dip to 20 degrees. Summers are monotonous because they're always long, hot and dry. I'm looking for a yellow (or yellow blend) mini that's somewhat bushy, not over 24" or so, whose blooms can withstand the heat and sun. I plan to put it in a large container and place it on the 30" high wall of my south-facing courtyard. I'm looking for something that looks pretty in the garden, not particularly a show winner. Fragrance would be a lovely bonus on my little courtyard, but not essential. (Ha, I guess everyone could say that about most every situation!)

So far I've been looking at Rise n Shine, Center Gold, and Double Gold. Does anyone have any thoughts about these three candidates, or maybe some other lovely comes to mind that has escaped my notice? I would really appreciate any help before I place an order. Thank you so much!

Gail

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer