SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenman28

Phở - Vietnamese noodle soup

Howdy, folks!

Tonight I had one of my favorite Southeast Asian dishes - spicy Phá» soup!

I can't remember all of the ingredients in the broth, but I linked to Wiki's article below.

Chicken broth base with some Phá» seasoning (didn't have any beef paste), fresh lemon grass

grown in a container on my front deck, along with chives and onions from the garden.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share this wonderful dish with you!

Start with a tray of ingredients - bean sprouts, cilantro (culantro if you have it), Thai basil,

chives, onions, chiles. Squeeze lime over the bean sprouts and the chiles. I spiced up my broth

with long and short Thai chiles and one green Chile de Arbol - also grown in the garden.

Put noodles in a nice deep bowl, add cilantro, sprouts, basil, chiles, and other vegetables of your liking.

Now, ladle hot broth over the noodles and vegetables. My soup has beef balls added for extra flavor and tooth.

Add in a liberal amount of sweet Hoisin sauce...and, of course, the spicy Sriracha!

I assume that anyone on a Pepper Forum is familiar with Sriracha....but, just in case you're unfamiliar,

always sample the sauce before fully committing. For example, my dad (bless his weak belly) can't handle

more than three or four drops in an entire bowl of soup.

Stir the broth thoroughly so that all of the flavors combine! Finally, garnish with Thai basil...

The last drink of broth is incredibly hot. I had a powerful sweat going afterwards! Enjoy!

Josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Phở

Comments (9)

Sponsored