SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kat_wttl

Powdery Mildew ?

Kathleen W
17 years ago

Hi all, my first post in this forum and I'm looking for help for my mini. I have an aged (10+ years) large (24"ball) miniature in a large pot (16") that has done very well for many years. It's got hybrid tea type dark pink blooms and is usually beautiful with blooms this time of year here in the low desert.

But this year in January, we had almost 10 days of temperatures in the 20s lasting 6-10 hours overnight when typically we have just light frosts barely under 32 and lasting only a couple hours and only one or two days. So, the plant got stressed and now appears to have powdery mildew all over the center of the bush.

We did not prune it in the fall as here in the hot desert, it's summer that is the resting time more or less for roses. So we only prune lightly and usually in January. It wasn't pruned at all this year as it was so cold we felt it best to leave it intact to buffer the temps.

Now, it has just 3 blooms and the center of the plant is shriveled and unhealthy looking with many leaves coated with whitish grey powder type substance.

Can anyone advise what would be the right thing to do for it?

I hate to lose it as we lost so many of our HUGE 10' tall x 4' wide potted succulents to this frost, I'm feeling desperate to save what we can. I even lost 3/4 of my potted 6' tall bay laurel tree :( Not fun but I'd like to save this little beauty if I can.

Thanks for any help.

Comment (1)

Sponsored