SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kt2fl

Late October blooms

Kenny
10 years ago

As much as I hate to admit it, it's time for the plumies to go inside for the winter. Last weekend we had our first freeze in Oklahoma. As of now, I have about a 1/3 of my collection with their leaves already trimmed off and stored away.

The other 1/3 are still outside as I'm waiting for their leaves to turn yellow. If they don't start, I will start trimming before October is over.

The last 1/3 I will put inside my front bedroom and keep them going over the winter. These include the ones that are newly rooted, new seedlings, and those with inflos :)

I have some with developing inflos and I'd hate for them to abort. There are also a few that are close to being done so I'm still taking advantage of a few more warm days bringing them in and out so they can keep what's left on the inflos lol.

Here the blooming plants I have going as of today.

Hilo Beauty has some buds left. There were 3 seedpods on this inflo. I only saw 2 of them left today. One must have fallen off along with the unopen buds when the temps dropped.

A few from Corona Surprise. Here's one when the highs were in the 70s 10 days ago:

Highs in the 60s and stored inside overnight. Here are its latest flowers as of this weekend

The blooms are still big in size :)

My Penang Peach doesn't want to slow down. Its first flower opened today

I will post the last few flowers from Taj Mahal and Cote D'Or when they bloom again.

I have inflos growing on Gardenia, Makaha Sunn (appears stunted from the cool temps), and Duvauchelle.

I was surprised to find Duvauchelle with an inflo when I started trimming off its leaves. Now it looks silly like a stick with small unopened leaves. :)

Does anyone else still have blooming plants? Are your collection safely stored away for winter?

Kenny

Comments (12)