SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centexan254

Super Market Find of Plants (Morgua Black, and Ghost)

I was going into the grocery store to pick up some munchies, and was stopped dead in my tracks at the door when I saw a bunch of plants with a mark down to half price so I decided to take a look.

This move surprised me. I on the normal day in late Aug. would not stop for plants as most of the time they look like crap, and have been infested with pest. Well these I stopped to look at the tags. Morgua Black was on the tag of one. Ghost Pepper was on the other. Price of both was $4.00 plus sales tax.

Upon inspection at home I popped them up out of the pot to take a look. They were big time root bound. I washed the root balls well, and trimmed the tangles out. The leaves on the Morgua dropped off. Though the stem is still green, and some new leaves are starting to sprout now. The Ghost fared better.

Is it unrealistic of me to think I may get at least a couple of pods off of them if they make it till winter? I plan on wintering them inside this winter with a couple of other plants even if they do not produce now. I have my fingers crossed that they are " The Real Deal." Looks like time, and luck will tell.

Thanks all,
Nate

Here is a pic of them. I potted them up to larger pots, and will start them on ferts when they have recovered.

Comments (53)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH