SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

critiquing and creaking out from under the snow

digit
16 years ago

Good Morning!!!

This is a Red Letter Day in my yard - - the snow is finally gone!! Well, there's a tiny pile where I shoved it off the carport roof but the snow was all melted in the front yard 2 days ago and I just CAN'T wait any longer to declare it all history . . . . especially, since rain & snow(!) are in the forecast for the next 5 days!

It's been since the 10th of December until now! We've had March snowstorms often enuf but this must be about as long as it has lingered on the ground over Winter. Oh yeah, there was a fair amount of snow in November but it looked for awhile that our warm early Autumn would lead to a "brown Christmas" but it was not to be!! Oh, joy . . .

Anywho . . . may we critique those lists of veggies on the other thread? I didn't want to jump in there and ruin the theme.

I'm pleased that so many are taking the risk with Thessaloniki. I sure hope they pan out for you as well as they did for me in 2007.

DW has an aversion with regards to black tomatoes or I'd try those . . . darn! The Bloody Butchers are about as far as I can go after showing her the picture in the catalog (with my thumb over the name ;o).

I think you'll like the Prudens Purple, Azura. I'm still not sure if I should be kicking myself for not continuing to grow 'em. (Really need to change that name to Prudens Pink, however.)

I'm curious how you'll find the flavor of that Ultimate Opener tomato, Skybird. It was very nice and productive and really could have replaced Early Girl in my garden except for the flavor, or lack there of. And, I remain incredibly curious about these Eastern European tomatoes. Please let us know about flavor, production, etc. etc.

What's with all these NuMex peppers?? Am I missing out? Does a Big Chili Anaheim count?

Does a Cal Wonder pepper actually have time to mature in your gardens?

I appreciate seeing the Fooled You jalapeños. They did well for me but my one word of advice; keep them away from the other jalapeños. Mixing the fruits after harvest is kind of disastrous!!

Doug, if you're still with us, tell us about your Green Lady Honeydews. I'd be delighted to have a honeydew in the garden!

And, Code Enforcement with regards to vegetable gardens . . .well, Code Enforcement and the neighbors be damned.

Steve's digits

Comments (22)