SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emagineer

Restore it...

emagineer
17 years ago

Not planting related , but landscape possibilities.

I've been hanging around the Restore (Habit for Humanity) store for a few months. They asked me if I wanted to volunteer and beyond better judgement at the time I said yes. Yesterday was my first day and had a great time...plus I bought a bunch of stuff for the garden. There are so many items which can be used as hardscape and know there are at least 3 stores in the Denver area. One is a huge warehouse.

My plan is for a shed made from doors/windows, a sitting area which can be opened up. Have a bunch of wood shingles from roof replacement last summer and siding it with them. Plus an arbor in the works and fencing the front.

If any of you are planning on fencing, outdoor projects...or remodeling...they are getting in brand new supplies from a number of the big box stores. Plus the contractors are donating tons of things now that it is warm weather and their getting back to jobs at hand.

On the plant side I joined the National Arbor Foundation. The cost is $10 and it includes 10 free trees suitable for your specific area. They also have many shrubs/trees which you can order additonally. Couldn't wait to order and can't wait to see if all will grow when they get here.

Comments (4)