SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krystip10

Holy Hanna!!! and Yikes Ike!! advice for saving the Plumies?

krystip10
15 years ago

In preparation for the potential for us getting Hurricane Ike next week (on my birthday, I'll bet) we are beginning our preparations. The only thing I am unsure about is what to do with the 20 cuttings that I planted in the beginning of August. I dug a few up to transplant into pots and noticed that roots haven't even begun to sprout, so I would bet most of my cuttings that are still buried haven't yet begun to root either. I'm thinking that the possibility of up to 145 MPH winds may do some damage to my precious Plumies. Any advice on how to care for my little (cough cough) collection? Should I remove all the leaves? Dig them up and bring them into my house? (mind you, this would be in addition to the 18 potted Plumerias I have (up to 5 ft tall), 54 seedlings (about 3 inches tall) and 25 seeds I just planted (thanks Chell!!); me, my husband, 2 kids, 2 greyhounds, the family cat, a parrot and the fish that keep multiplying. While my husband runs around getting essentials (like non-perishable food & water) I want to be moving my plants...you know, the important stuff.

Any and all advice is welcome!

Krysti

Comments (3)