SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryan820

Two stems, one success...still have hope for 2nd

ryan820
15 years ago

Hi All--

I just got into plumeria because my wife loves them. We have two stems we've tried to root-- and even while they were trying to root, they bloomed!

Anyway, both looked shriveled but one finally plumped up one day and the other, after months, is still shriveled but growing leaves. I took the cutting out of the cactus mix it was in and cut the bottom off as the cambium (I think I'm using the right word) layer looked dead and brown. I cut the stem about an inch off the bottom and found all green layers. I put rooting hormone on the bottom and placed it in a clear plastic cylinder (so i can see the roots) with the bottom filled up with just perlite (I've had a ton of success rooting all sorts of plants using this method). Its gone into a spot in the house that gets loads of sun and I placed a black stone under it (gains some great heat during the day and lasts through the night).

I really hope this works because it is the cutting my wife likes most... it too bloomed a few weeks ago despite the lack of roots.

Any suggestions beyond what I've told you? Thanks

Ryan

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery