SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milehighgirl_gw

C & O Nursery..not a good experience

milehighgirl
14 years ago

I ordered several peach trees from C & O nursery. They advertise on their website that they had an "Internet Special". When I got my bill I was not given the Internet special, and I was also charged a box fee that was never mentioned. I give them credit for working with these fees and reducing the original bill, but their trees were not healthy.

Here is the letter I wrote when I sent my payment in, which they did cash. So far I have not heard from them since they received my letter and check:

Marilyn,

I am sending payment for the peach trees that I ordered. As you are aware, I am extremely disappointed with the quality of the trees. Actually, it seem so me that the trees were grown well and were strong at first, but they appeared, upon arrival, to be completely desiccated. I knew immediate when I opened the package that they would have a hard time. The trees were dry and seemed to have had moss or even mold washed off of them before shipment.

I was not surprised when they did not come out of dormancy right away. After following your directions and pruning them severely, they still did not "jump start" as you mentioned they should.

The trees all finally did sprout, but I was so very disappointed that none of the live branches were over 3 feet. The Early Improved Elberta was the tallest at 28", and from there it went down. The PF-11 sprouted at 25", the OÂHenry at 19", the PF-1 at 8", and the PF-17 has its only sprout at just 3"! I am not even sure that the PF-17 is not going to be just rootstock.

Now I will need to make a new central leader out of all of these trees, as they are all too short to allow to spread at their heights, even the tallest. These trees, with their tender new shoots will need to be brought inside for their first Colorado winter if they are going to survive at all.

Because I have run my own business and understand that a companyÂs reputation is practically everything, I have not, until now, been vocal about my disappointment. I appreciate that you were willing to work with me regarding the prices, but yet I feel cheated by paying for them at all.

As you well know I am very disappointed. I will not make further purchases from your company, and I will post my experiences on the Internet so that others will be aware of the hazards of your product. Your customer service has been fine, but the product is not.

Here is a link that might be useful: C&O Nursery Internet Special

Comment

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!