SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjv78736

my first plumeria

sjv78736
18 years ago

i bought it on the side of the road - very expensive - later found out the grower was quite reputable and well known here. that was 2 springs ago. when i brought it home it was apprx 4" tall and had 3 leaves. today it is about 16-18" hi and has 12, working on 13, leaves...but has never bloomed. each fall i have dutifully brought it in and stored it in a shady spot that stays above freezing. i feed it liquified seaweed ea week and half-strength miracle-gro once a month. it gets strong morning (texas) sun and afternoon spotty sun. i water it along w/my succulents (not my tropicals) it grows well, but doesnt bloom - what am i doing wrong?

how do i help it to bloom?

also, i spotted one at a local nursery and it was about 5ft tall, a single stalk, top heavy, and had to be propped up to keep from toppling over -- how do i avoid this with my own plumeria? should i just lop off the top and see how it develops from there?

TIA from a frustrated plumeria-wanna-be-lover

jo

Disclaimer: I do not agree with nor endorse the use of "Sponsored Links" possibly embedded in my posts by the owner of this or any other website and would never purchase anything from any advertiser that used this deceptive form of advertising.

Comments (13)